12 March 2010

Mage Spec - Raiding / Heroics

So after a lot of respecs and a bunch of gold later... I finally think I came up with a good spec for PVE. I tried this out on a couple heroics last night and was finally able to keep up on the DPS charts. I went Arcane - 57/3/11.

My Spell rotation on boss fights :
I make sure I have my Molten Armor on as well as Arcane Intellect.... and give caster or healer the focus magic.
I start with Presence of mind.. that way my Arcane Blast becomes instant cast. I then use the rest of my cool downs. Arcane Power, Icy Veins, Mirror Image.
Then I go Arcane Blast 2 more times (this stacks it for the x3 stack).
After that I make a choice... If my Arcane Missiles proc (not sure if that is the right term Razz) and I have Missile Barrage up, I use the Arcane Missiles..
. if not, then I use my Arcane Barrage. I then Stack the blast again (x3) and choose either Arcane Missiles or Arcane Barrage. Use my cooldowns when they come up again and will probably need to use a Mana Sapphire.
Now of course on mobs I won't use my cooldowns, but pretty much the same rotation.

My Glyphs :
Glyph of Arcane Power - Which increases the duration by 3 sec.
Glyph of Arcane Blast - Which increases the damage by 3%
Glyph of Molten Armor - Which gives me an additional 20% of my spirit as critical strike rating.

If anyone has any hints, tips, or questions... please share! I'm always looking to learn something and always willing to help.

- Skate
Below is a picture that includes how the rotation is set up on my in game bar. Mostly I just spam 2 a lot! LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment